Herbert B. Hussey
CORINTH – Herbert Beverly Hussey died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. He was born April 20, 1931, in Prairie to Fred and Elizabeth Cain Hussey. He was a graduate of Corinth High School and Mississippi State University. He was the former owner of Structure Products and the local R.C. Bottling Co. He served in the U.S. Air Force. He was a member of the First United Methodist Church, past president of the Y and Rotary Club. He was named a Paul Harris Fellow and Rotarian of the Year. During his time as president he started the Magnolia Classic Horse Show. He was an avid MSU fan and enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, June 16, at First United Methodist Church with Dr. Prentiss “Bud” Gordon and the Rev. Dennis Smith officiating. Burial will be in the Henry Cemetery. McPeters Funeral Directors of Corinth is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife of 56 years, Mary Patricia Mills Hussey of Corinth; a brother, William “Bill” C. Hussey of Corinth; nephews, Benjamin Hussey and Dr. Spencer Lee; nieces, Elizabeth Bush, Sally Hussey and Kate Emmich; great-nephew, Allen Lee; and great niece, Dr. Ginger Lee Sharpe
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers, Plummer and Ben Hussey.
Honorary pallbearers will be Duane Gunn, James Moffitt, David Palmer, Ralph Hurley, Gerald McLemore, Bob Krohn, Jerry Garner, Arthur C. Dalton, Glenn McCullough and Marvin Brose.
Family will receive friends from 1:30 to 2:45 p.m. Sunday at the First United Methodist Church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago