Herbert B. Hussey
CORINTH – Herbert Beverly Hussey died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. He was born April 20, 1931, in Prairie to Fred and Elizabeth Cain Hussey. He was a graduate of Corinth High School and Mississippi State University. He was the former owner of Structure Products and the local R.C. Bottling Co. He served in the U.S. Air Force. He was a member of the First United Methodist Church, past president of the Y and Rotary Club. He was named a Paul Harris Fellow and Rotarian of the Year. During his time as president he started the Magnolia Classic Horse Show. He was an avid MSU fan and enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, June 16, at First United Methodist Church with Dr. Prentiss “Bud” Gordon and the Rev. Dennis Smith officiating. Burial will be in the Henry Cemetery. McPeters Funeral Directors of Corinth is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife of 56 years, Mary Patricia Mills Hussey of Corinth; a brother, William “Bill” C. Hussey of Corinth; nephews, Benjamin Hussey and Dr. Spencer Lee; nieces, Elizabeth Bush, Sally Hussey and Kate Emmich; great-nephew, Allen Lee; and great niece, Dr. Ginger Lee Sharpe
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers, Plummer and Ben Hussey.
Honorary pallbearers will be Duane Gunn, James Moffitt, David Palmer, Ralph Hurley, Gerald McLemore, Bob Krohn, Jerry Garner, Arthur C. Dalton, Glenn McCullough and Marvin Brose.
Family will receive friends from 1:30 to 2:45 p.m. Sunday at the First United Methodist Church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago