IUKA – John A. Robinson, 90, died Thursday, June 13, 2013, at the Tishomingo Manor Nursing Home. He was a U. S. Army veteran of World War II. He retired from Southern Pacific Railroad where he was employed as a signal engineer. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and spending time with his grandchildren.
Services are scheduled for 2 p.m. Saturday, June 15, at Cutshall Funeral Home Chapel in Iuka. Interment will follow in Patrick Cemetery. Cutshall Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Lola Robinson of Iuka; one son, John T. Robinson of Yorktown Heights, N.Y.; one daughter, Victoria Johnston (Jason) of Smyrna, Tenn.; three stepsons, Charles Emmons (Cornelia) of Iuka, David Emmons (Helen) of Norfolk, Va.,, and Mark Emmons (Pam) of Paducah, Ky.; two sisters, Grace Floyd of Houston and Emily Scruggs of Corinth; nine grandchildren, Jay Johnston, Johanna Robinson, Carol Anne Kennedy, Grant Emmons, Justin Emmons, Jonathan Emmons, Margaret Emmons, Leigh Emmons and Christina Emmons; and four great-grandchildren, James Johnston, Justin Johnston, Joseph Johnston and Alexis Emmons.
He was preceded in death by his first wife, Gladys Robinson; his parents, Alfred and Nolar Newcomb Robinson; four brothers, Edward, Luther, Lee and Doc Robinson; and three sisters, Onnie Mae Frazee, Mattie Stair and Susie Robinson.
Pallbearers include Daniel Kennedy, Jonathan Emmons, Justin Emmons, Russ Robinson, David McNair and Jay Johnston.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Patrick Cemetery Fund by calling Janie Patrick at (662) 423-3098.
An online guestbook can be accessed at www.cutshallfuneralhome.com.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago