Dig in at your local library
CHICKASAW COUNTY – School is out and before the children have a chance to get bored, local libraries in and around Chickasaw County are offering summer reading programs full of information and fun.
History, archeology and agriculture are just some of the topics offered through the Summer Reading programs in the Dixie Regional Library system which includes the Houston and Okolona Carnegie Libraries, Houlka Library and Edmondson Library in Vardaman.
Readers of all ages will explore different areas of study and fun and games will be incorporated for children and youth.
Houston Carnegie Library
Pre-teen programs, ages 4-9
Tuesdays from 1-2 p.m.
June 11, Natural Soil Resources with Debbie Gaston
June 18, Fishy Fishes by Lara Dobins
June 25, Night Crawlers by the Natchez Trace Parkway
June 25, Awards party
July 16, Uniquely You Owl Painting with Shelly Sheffield
Teen programs, ages 10-17
Thursdays from 1-2 p.m.
June 6, Crime Victims Awareness by Mary Spencer
June 13, Night Crawlers by Natchez Trace Parkway
June 27, Creepy Crawlers by Dr. Bill Burdine
June 27, Awards party
July 18, Uniquely You Owl painting with Shelly Sheffield
Okolona Carnegie Library
Pre-school through young adult
Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
June 11, Dig Through the Earth’s Crust with the John Allen Fish Hatchery
June 18, Diggin Deep Down with Chickasaw County Natural Water Resources
June 25, Just Dig It, Farming and Gardening with Dr. Bill Burdine
Edmondson Memorial Library
Tuesdays from 1-3 p.m.
June 13, Exploring Caves
June 20, Rocks and Minerals
June 27, Water Party
Tuesdays from 2:30-3:30 p.m.
June 11, Pioneer Days with music and games
June 18, Farming and Gardening
June 25, Buried Treasure
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago