Sanders awarded annual Franklin scholarship
HOUSTON – Houston High School graduate, Haleigh Sanders, can add one more honor to her list from graduation – the annual Franklin Corporation scholarship.
Sanders is a 2013 graduate, ranking 14th in her class and earning honors distinction.
She is also a member of the HHS Anchor Club and Beta Club.
Sanders is the recipient of the Franklin scholarship, which has paid out in excess of $110,000 to area graduates for the past 23 years.
The scholarship, based on overall GPA, ACT, class rank, leadership and work experience, provides a student $2,000 per academic year and is renewable for four years for a total of $8,000 in educational support.
The scholarship is open to dependents of employees of Franklin Corporation, Franklin Development and Franklin Logistics.
Haleigh is the daughter of Jimmy and Mary Sanders of Thorn and was excited to receive the scholarship to begin her college career.
“I’m very proud of it,” Sanders said. “I’m very grateful and so happy to get it.”
Sanders plans to attend Itawamba Community College this fall and work toward a career in Radiology. She plans to transfer to a senior college to complete her degree but is undecided on a university at this time.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago