Okolona’s Edens four back at 98th MGA
Okolona’s Barrett Edens is four back and former Blue Mountain golfer Michael Collie was in the lead heading into Saturday’s third round of the MGA’s 98th annual State Amateur Championship with an opportunity to make some noise.
Collie overcame a rough first round – 4-over-par 76 – to post a 3-under 69 Friday at Grand Bear.
Edens, a Mississippi State golfer, recorded a 4-under 68 to move into a third-place tie with Saucier’s Jared Smith and Ocean Springs’ Steve Wilson at 3-under 141, four shots behind Brescher.
Pass Christian’s Nick Beale is second with a 4-under 140.
“I made a few more putts today and I had a few good swings,” Edens said.
“I can’t think a-bout anybody else (today and Sunday). I’ve got to handle my business.
“There are a lot of good players atop the leaderboard and still 36 holes left.”
Two-time defending State Am champion, MSU golf coach Clay Homan, is tied for 15th with a 76-77 – 147.
Ole Miss golfer, Noah West of Tupelo, is tied for 20th at 77-71 – 148. Tupelo’s Austin Rose (150), Tupelo’s David Griffin (152), Calhoun City’s T.J. Morgan (152), Potts Camp’s Jon Williams (152) and Hamilton’s Tracy Cockerham (154) made the cut.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago