CEDAR BLUFF – Mary Dye Brand, 92, passed away on Sunday, June 2, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. She was born June 10, 1920, in Calhoun County in the Derma community to Willie Mae Ward and Reginald E. Dye. She was a homemaker and a member of Enon Baptist Church. She was married to Bill Brand; he preceded her in death on Aug. 31, 1968.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with Bro. David Keen officiating. Burial will follow in Bethel Baptist Cemetery in Chickasaw County. Calvert Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include one daughter, Linda Dendy of Woodland; four sons, Billy W. Brand of Colora , Md., Lonnie E. Brand and Bobby K. Brand (Pat), both of Cedar Bluff, and Roger D. Brand (Tracie) of West Point; 13 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-granddaughter.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her son, Charles Edward Brand; her daughter, Mary Ann Hooker; and two brothers and five sisters.
Pallbearers will be Bill Brand, Heath Brand, Boyd Walker, Jason Walker, Bradley Brand, Tim Cook, Adam Hooker, Dale Brand and Steven Brand.
Memorials may be made to Sally Kate Winters Family Services, P.O. Box 1233, West Point, MS 39773 or to Bethel Baptist Cemetery Care Fund, c/o Russell Lancaster, 221 Park St., Houston, MS 38851.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave online condolences at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago