CALHOUN CITY – Billy Earl Cannon, 72, died Saturday, June 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. He was born Sept. 19, 1940, in Shaw. He was a retired painter and a member of Central Baptist Church in Grenada.
Services will be 10 a.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Bill Lee officiating. Burial will be in Pinecrest Memorial Garden in Calhoun City. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Betty Sue Tharpe Cannon of Calhoun City; two daughters, LaQuita (Ed) Moorhead of Bruce and Gloria Cannon of Homa, La.; two sons, James Cannon of Gore Springs and Craig (Nancy) Derrick of Homa, La.; sister, Betty Jean Langford of Vardaman; two brothers, Bobby C. Cannon of Pittsboro and Richard Johnson of Hernando; and four grandchildren, Chad Carpenter, Summer Sultan, Loring Cannon, and Dustin Hardin.
He was preceded in death by his parents, James Melvin “Bill” Cannon and Bessie Marie Gray Cannon; two sisters, Martha June Cannon and Shirley Baker; and two brothers, Charles Dewey Cannon and John Henry Cannon.
Pallbearers will be Steve Baker, Barry Cannon, Scott Cannon, Terry Dauzat, T.J. Dauzat, Shane Langford, Carol Ray Mooneyham, and Joe Mooneyham.
Honorary pallbearers will be Ace Cannon, Durwood Cannon, Paul Griffin, Royce Jones, Benny Smith and Billy Vance.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, June 5, Chickasaw Journal.
Online condolence can be made at parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago