Sheriff arrests four linked to Okolona burglaries
OKOLONA –The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department has made four arrests in a series of burglaries, with divers called in to recover some of the loot.
Two homes on Forrest Street were burglarized about two weeks ago with guns, jewelry, watches and money stolen in the break-ins. It is believed that as authorities began developing suspects the guns were taken to a pond off of Highway 45 in eastern Chickasaw County and dumped.
“I want to thank the Monroe County Search and Rescue volunteers for searching about a 10-acre lake and finding what we were looking for,” said Andy Harmon, investigator with the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department. “Finding that evidence helped us make these arrests.”
Arrested in connection with the Forrest Street break-ins and their charges were:
• Billy “BJ” Bailey Jr., 20, of Okolona, three counts of breaking and entering.
• Terrell Welch, 26, of Okolona, one count of breaking and entering.
• Antwon Grady, 20, of Okolona, three counts of breaking and entering.
• Neisha Hill, 22, of Okolona, accessory after the fact.
Sheriff’s Investigator J.R. Kilgore said the break came with one of suspects tried to sell one of the guns allegedly stolen in the break-ins.
“We have recovered all the guns, the jewelry and gold coins taken in the burglary, but are still looking for the watches,” said Kilgore. “Anyone who knows anything about the watches is advised to call the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department or Crimestoppers.”
Kilgore estimated the value of the items stolen at more than $10,000.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago