Local probationer caught in Central Florida
From staff and wire reports
CHICKASAW COUNTY — A Houston man who walked away from a Pontotoc County inmate workcrew two weeks ago has been apprehended in Ocala, Florida.
Brooks Sneed, 32, also known as Gary Sneed, was arrested as a probation violator in central Florida on Saturday, May 18. Sneed’s vehicle had broken down and a Florida Highway Patrol trooper, who stopped to help, ran the car’s tag and found the vehicle was from Mississippi and possibly stolen.
Florida authorities said Sneed allegedly gave a fake name and birthdate. Troopers also arrested Holly Morrison, age and address unknown, for allegedly stealing the car and helping Sneed escape.
Sneed walked away from a Pontotoc County inmate work detail picking up trash on Faulkner Road two weeks ago.
Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said Sneed, a nonviolent offender, was on the work detail working off some county fines and awaiting a hearing stemming from a MDOC hold on previous drug charges.
“He told the officer he was stepping off into the woods to use the bath room and apparently someone picked him up in a car,” Mask said, adding Sneed was was last seen getting into a black Ford Taurus automobile.
Sneed’s disappearance sparked a massive manhunt in Eastern Pontotoc County. Chickasaw County authorities were also alerted since Sneed listed a Highway 32 address as his home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago