PONTOTOC – Howard Clemons, 86, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church where he was a deacon. He was a Master Mason, a member of the Cal-Chick Hunting Club and a WWII Army Veteran. He was an avid fox hunter and enjoyed running his dogs. He also enjoyed deer and turkey hunting and Ole Miss Sports. He was a barber and co-owner of Pontotoc Pallet Company.
Services will be at 4 p.m. Monday at Browning Funeral Home in Pontotoc with the Rev. Marcus Coward officiating. Burial will follow in Pontotoc City Cemetery.
Survivors include his two daughters, Lila Bishop of Pontotoc and Carolyn Raiteri (John) of Memphis, Tenn.; one son, Darrell Clemons (Donna) of Pontotoc; two sisters, Frances Crowley of Wash., and Ann Ward of Okolona; seven grandchildren, Jennifer Owen (Edwin), Emily Edwards (Brad), Wesley Bishop (Jennifer), LeAndra Pannell (Brad), Brain Raiteri (Elisha), Christopher Raiteri and Scott Raiteri (Rebekah); and 14 great-grandchildren, Taylor Owen, Elijah Edwards, Kaily Beth Edwards, Allie Bishop, Lane Bishop, Jayden Bishop, Baylee Pannell, Olivia Pannell, Laila Raiteri, Regan Raiteri, Carter Raiteri, Emma Raiteri, Mason Raiteri and Baileigh Raiteri.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Leroy Carol Clemons and Lois Octavia Jennings Clemons; his wife, LaNelle Clemons; three sisters, Pauline Scroggins, Hazel Woffard and Lillian Lane; and three brothers, Herbert Clemons, Sam Clemons and Alvis Clemons.
Pallbearers will be Edwin Owen, Brad Edwards, Wesley Bishop, Brad Pannell, Brian Raiteri, Christopher Raiteri and Scott Raiteri. Honorary Pallbearers will be Steve Russell, John Russell and Lynn Shelton.
Visitation is 3 to 4 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be sent to the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago