PONTOTOC – Howard Clemons, 86, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church where he was a deacon. He was a Master Mason, a member of the Cal-Chick Hunting Club and a WWII Army Veteran. He was an avid fox hunter and enjoyed running his dogs. He also enjoyed deer and turkey hunting and Ole Miss Sports. He was a barber and co-owner of Pontotoc Pallet Company.
Services will be at 4 p.m. Monday at Browning Funeral Home in Pontotoc with the Rev. Marcus Coward officiating. Burial will follow in Pontotoc City Cemetery.
Survivors include his two daughters, Lila Bishop of Pontotoc and Carolyn Raiteri (John) of Memphis, Tenn.; one son, Darrell Clemons (Donna) of Pontotoc; two sisters, Frances Crowley of Wash., and Ann Ward of Okolona; seven grandchildren, Jennifer Owen (Edwin), Emily Edwards (Brad), Wesley Bishop (Jennifer), LeAndra Pannell (Brad), Brain Raiteri (Elisha), Christopher Raiteri and Scott Raiteri (Rebekah); and 14 great-grandchildren, Taylor Owen, Elijah Edwards, Kaily Beth Edwards, Allie Bishop, Lane Bishop, Jayden Bishop, Baylee Pannell, Olivia Pannell, Laila Raiteri, Regan Raiteri, Carter Raiteri, Emma Raiteri, Mason Raiteri and Baileigh Raiteri.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Leroy Carol Clemons and Lois Octavia Jennings Clemons; his wife, LaNelle Clemons; three sisters, Pauline Scroggins, Hazel Woffard and Lillian Lane; and three brothers, Herbert Clemons, Sam Clemons and Alvis Clemons.
Pallbearers will be Edwin Owen, Brad Edwards, Wesley Bishop, Brad Pannell, Brian Raiteri, Christopher Raiteri and Scott Raiteri. Honorary Pallbearers will be Steve Russell, John Russell and Lynn Shelton.
Visitation is 3 to 4 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be sent to the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- Moore signs with Miss. Delta CC May 30, 2016
- Houlka presents summer programs May 30, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago