ABERDEEN – Charles Ervin Poss, 74, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at his residence. He was born April 17, 1939, in Una in Clay County, to Walter Howard Poss and Raine Barnes Poss.
He had lived in Aberdeen for the past 56 years. He loved the outdoors and enjoyed fishing, gardening, listening to gospel music, reading the Bible and helping others. He was a loving husband, father and grandfather. He retired from Walker Manufacturing Company after 40 years. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army and a member of the First Baptist Church in Aberdeen.
Services are at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Tisdale-Lann Memorial Chapel with the Rev. Chris Thomas officiating. Burial is at Una Cemetery. Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Sara Mobley Poss of Aberdeen; three sons, Gregory Howard Poss (Lisa) of Aberdeen, David Allan Poss (Kelly) of Amory and Brian Edward Poss of Aberdeen; two sisters, Jane White (Erwin) of West Point and Betty Bowen (Bud) of West Point; one sister-in-law, Barbara Poss of Seymour, Tenn; one brother-in-law, Jerry Griggs of Okolona; five grandchildren, Dustin, Jon David, Megan, Ava and Jake; and a number of nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; five brothers, Charles Gary, Lucion, Wallace, Jimmy and Ernie Poss; and sister, Sandra Griggs.
Pallbearers will be family.
Visitation is 4 to 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
Contributions may be made to your favorite charity.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago