Billy S. Davis
CEDAR BLUFF – Billy S. Davis, 79, passed away on Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home in Cedar Bluff. He was born July 2, 1933, in Lamar County, Ala., the son of the late Verdo Clarence and Wilma Cloe Cook Davis. He attended Cedar Bluff United Methodist Church. He was a farmer and automotive mechanic. He was a U.S. Army veteran.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Baptist Church in Vernon, Ala., with Rob Willis officiating. Burial will follow in Furnace Hill Cemetery in Vernon, Ala. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include one sister, Lena I. Hilbert (Ray) of Dover, Ohio; his nieces and nephews; and special friends, Jimmy and Stacy McKee of Pheba, and Lewis and Martha Gail Stafford of West Point
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his three brothers, Elvin, John and Paul Davis.
Pallbearers will be Jay Davis, Larry Hilbert, Eugene Marcinko, Charles Cook, Steve McKee, Ronald White, David Foster and Bobby Joe McKee.
Honorary pallbearers will be Kenneth Hood, Pete Gifford, Roland Lyon, Hubbard Wooten, Matthew Garcia and the members of the 16th Section Hunting Club.
Memorials may be made to Furnace Hill Cemetery Fund, c/o Carl Estes, 600 McGill Gin Road, Vernon, AL 35592 or to Cedar Bluff United Methodist Church, 1118 West Loop Drive, West Point, MS 39773.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home in West Point and from 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday at First Baptist Church in Vernon, Ala.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago