TUPELO – Edith Christine Stevens Clement, 88, died Monday, May 20, 2013, at The Meadows in Fulton after an extended illness. She was born in Alcorn County on April 4, 1925, to George Stevens and Earnestine Haney Stevens.
She grew up there and married the Rev. Dr. Richard Clement on Aug. 31, 1946. The made their home in the Tupelo area for more than 60 years where they pastored Baptist Churches with much of their time spent at West Jackson Street Baptist Church, where they were the original mission minister. She was employed at Blue Bell Manufacturing during her working life but her great contribution was that of a pastor’s wife and a master homemaker. She enjoyed sewing, working in flowers and reading. She was a member of the West Jackson Street Baptist Church, attending until her health failed.
A service celebrating her life will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Tupelo Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with Bro. Matt Scopel and Bro. John Mark Jarrett officiating. Private burial will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Thursday only at the Tupelo Chapel.
Survivors include her three sons, Butch Clement (Ann) of Tupelo, David Clement (Monica) of Plant City, Fla., and Bill Clement (Renee’) of Denver, Colo.; four grandchildren, Brad Clement (Carrie) of Olive Branch, Dana Daniel (Carl) of Houlka, Sarah Beth Clement of Birmingham, Ala., and Celeste Clement Jensen (Sean) of Aravada, Colo.; great-grandchildren, Luke Clement, Carly Clement, Will Daniel, Emma Claire Daniel and Mack Daniel; a sister, Jewel Churchill of Corinth; and nieces, nephews and cousins.
Condolences may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago