REGAN, Tenn. – Willie Lee Owens, 73, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 21, 1939, in Calhoun County to Lee Ander and Rosa Talent Owens. He was a retired businessman, truck driver and cattle dealer. He also enjoyed training, riding and showing walking horses. He was a member of Scotts Hill Baptist Church.
He is survived by his wife, Madia Newman Owens of Ragan, Tenn.; two sons, Tony Owens of Regan, Tenn., and Mike (Nancy) Caruso of Chicago; two daughters, Ramona Owens of Jacksonville, Fla., and Becky (Bob) Cobb of Dyersburg, Tenn.; six grandchildren, Weslee Partington of Jacksonville, Fla., Ashley Cobb (Josh) Hyatt of Knoxville, Tenn., Caleb Cobb of Dyersburg, Tenn., and Michael, Matthew and Marissa Caruso of Chicago; great-grandson, Evean Partington of Jackson, Fla.; and three sisters, Vannie Ree Parker and Erma Shankle of Calhoun City, and Betty (Jerry) Haimes of Houston.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers; G.W., James Owens and an infant brother Sherman.
Services will be at 2 p.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home in Vardaman with Bro. John Haimes and Bro. Robert Alexander officiating. Burial will be at New Liberty Cemetery in Calhoun County
Pallbearers will be Dave Shankle, Barry Shankle, Stacey Shankle, Scott Shankle, Tim Parker, Marvin Morris, Kenny Adams and Landon Adams.
Visitation will be from noon to service time today.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to a cancer fund of your choice.
Online condolences may be made to the family at parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago