AMORY – Justin Andrew Shields, 20, died Friday, May 17, 1913, in Amory. Born June 22, 1992, he was the son of Christie Roberson Shields and Columbus Woods Shields. He attended Amory schools and he was Baptist. He enjoyed reading, watching television, being outdoors, gardening and spending time with his friends and family.
A Celebration of Life Service will be at 11 a.m. today at E.E. Pickle Funeral Home Chapel in Amory, with Dr. Lloyd Sweatt and Bro. Danny Carl Burks officiating. Burial will be in the Greenbrier Cemetery.
Survivors include his mother, Christie Roberson Shields of Amory; his father, Columbus Woods Shields of Amory; brother, Jonathan Tyler Shields of Amory; sister, Kimberly Mooneyham of Endville; nephew, Eli Mooneyham; grandparents, Clyde Azlin and Peggy Azlin, both of Amory; great-grandmother, Ona Mae Azlin; uncles, Guy Shields, Larry Shields, Frank Hall and Jesse Azlin all of Amory; aunts, Erma Cockrell, Alice Markham and Laura Wallace, all of Amory; great-aunts, Sally Bedard of Union Grove, Wis., and Wanda Connely of Columbus; great-uncles, Jack Roberson (Christine) of Tuscon, Ariz., Johnny Heathcoat of Memphis, Tenn., and Jim Azlin of Okolona; special friend, Chad Seinkowski of Chicago; and a host of cousins.
He was preceded in death by his great-great-grandfather, Wesley Blane Roberson; great-grandmother, Cora Roberson; great-great-grandmother, Gurtie Matthews; great-grandmother, Lula Shields; and great-grandfather, Floyd Shields.
Pallbearers will be Cody Jordan, Bobby Donaldson, Adam Clogsdale, Johnny Reich, Donnie Butler and Dave Williams. Honorary pallbearers will be Corey Dody, Lester Freeman, and Terry Hall.
Visitation will continue until service time Monday at the funeral home.
Memories and condolences may be expressed at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago