GRENADA – Lanelle Wood Couch, 85, died Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto in Southaven. She was born Oct. 3, 1927, in Calhoun County. She was a florist and the former owner of Carroll-Black Flowers in Grenada. She was an active member of the Grenada Pilot Club and the Gideons Ladies Auxiliary. She was a devoted member of First Baptist Church of Grenada, where she sand in the choir for many years.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Church in Grenada with the Rev. Michael Lee officiating. Burial will be in Woodlawn Memorial Park in Grenada. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her husband of 67 years, Elmer Joe Couch of Grenada; three sons, Billy Joe Couch (Gloria) of Memphis, Jimmy Couch (Alice) and Steve Couch (Rosemary), all of Grenada; one sister, Charlene Edmondson of Shannon; one brother, Sykes Wood (Janie) of Grenada; nine grandchildren and 11 great- grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Dave and Ivy Baker Wood, and a sister, Oleda Wood Simpson.
Pallbearers will be Chris Couch, David Couch, Josh Couch, Andrew Fielder, Ricky Fielder and Will Frazier.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Saturday at the church.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago