LOCAL FOCUS: Jamaican-Me-Tan
No other physical attribute says more about your health than good looking skin and nothing helps give you that glow like a healthy tan.
Jamaican-Me-Tan can give its customers that wholesome and healthy look and also provide you with the moisturizers to protect your tan and the perfect piece of jewelry to highlight your skin tone.
“We have the spray tan for the person who is looking for that quick tan,” said Vickie Birmingham, owner of Jamaican-Me-Tan. “And we also have traditional tanning beds that give you a safe, uniform tan.”
Birmingham said her spray tan booth is state-of-art and the customer gets in, gets sprayed and gets out with a tan.
“When you step out you have got 20 percent of your color and if you let it stay on 12-hours you get your full tan,” said Birmingham. “It’s perfect for the bride wanting a little color to set off that wedding dress or that person wanting that healthy look for any special event. It’s quick, it’s easy on your skin and it looks great.”
Jamaican-Me-Tan also has tanning beds with the industry favorite bronzing bulbs.
“We suggest 15-minute sessions until you get the tan you want,” said Birmingham. “I firmly believe this is safer than a true suntan. If you are an outdoor person, it is perfect for that protective tan before a trip to the beach or a summer at the pool or lake.”
Jamaican-Me-Tan also offers a full line of moisturizers and tanning oils for a wide variety of skin. Birmingham said finding the right oil or moisturizers can help a customer keep a tan longer and keep skin looking supple and fresh.
And then there are the accessories.
Birmingham said nothing set off that perfect tan and bathing suit like the perfect necklace, wrist band or ankle bracelet.
“We have Bendel beaded bracelets, Jewelry by Randi that is all Mississippi-made and features the cotton boles in black and white pearls from Mississippi,” said Birmingham. “We also have the collegiate licensed jewelry with Swarovski crystal and jewelry by Skosh for Ole Miss and Mississippi State fans.”
Birmingham also proudly displays her Halia charm bracelets that are the hot fashion accessory this summer.
“We try to keep on the cutting edge of fashion with our accessories,” said Birmingham. “And if we don’t have it, we’ll try and get it.”
Jamaican-Me-Tan also offers Greenleaf fragrances in candles, sprays, potpourri and diffuser oils and handbags in a variety of colors and styles. They also have Willow Tree angels and figurines.
“We just ask people to come out and see what we’ve got,” said Birmingham. “You might be surprised with what you find.”
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago