Lady Rams close in playoffs
VARDAMAN – The Lady Rams battled through their season and into playoffs but came up just short of their goal of a trip to Jackson this year.
The Vardaman girls closed out their season in quarterfinals, one game away from making North Half.
The Lady Rams went three games in the play-in round, finally passing Wheeler, 7-2, 2-3, 11-1 to set up their playoff game with West Union.
Weather played a big factor in scheduling and the girls went through a rain delay and postponment before they managed to finish their series.
This series, too, went three games,but fell the wrong way for the Vardaman girls.
The Lady Urchins took a come-from behind win, 7-5, in Vardaman May 2 and the Lady Rams were postponed in heading to West Union until Saturday to try for game two.
The game was called for rain in the second inning with the Vardaman girls in the lead and couldn’t be finished until Tuesday evening. The Lady Rams took a big 14-2 win to finish the game, but couldn’t hold on for a third win, falling 2-12 to the Lady Urchins to end the season.
Despite the loss, Coach Billy Dill had positive words about the way his team held on through playoffs and persevered.
“This season was filled with ups and downs,” Dill said. “I though the team was not playing up to their potential early in the season, but they turned it on and ended on a high note. These girls played extremely hard, day in and day out, and I couldn’t ask for a better bunch.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago