CALHOUN CITY – James Andy Harrison, 69, died Monday, May 6, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home. He was born Nov. 4, 1943, in Derma to William Bryan Harrison and Mattie Gertrude Cook Harrison
He was a retired asphalt and paving foreman, and later retired from the furniture business. He was a member of Lewis Memorial Methodist Church.
He is survived by one daughter, Susan (Joe) Crisler of Ridgeland; three brothers, Bill (Polly) Harrison of Columbus, Ohio, Joe (Marlyn) Harrison of Fairfield, Ill., and Tom (Shirley) Harrison of Lafayette, La.; two sisters-in-law, Julia Harrison of Derma and Dot Langford of Tupelo; one granddaughter, Brandi Bunn; one great-grandson, Caleb Bunn; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a grandson, Mac Hester; his parents; a sister and brother-in-law, Rebecca and Howell Mitchell; brothers, Calvin Dee Harrison and Harold Grady “Tick” Harrison; a sister-in-law, Ruth Harrison; and a nephew, Adam H. “Buddy” Mitchell.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City with Bro. Jimmy Vance officiating. Burial will be in Oak Springs Cemetery at Derma.
Pallbearers will be James Harrison, Bobby Harrison, David Earl Harrison, Landreth Mitchell, David Edward Harrison, John Harrison and Dee Harrison.
Visitation will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Online Condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago