Mowing accident sends man to Tupelo
HOUSTON – Sammy McMillen had just driven past a man mowing his yard on Madison Street in Houston Wednesday and looked in his mirror to see the mower on top of him.
“I don’t know exactly what happened but he was mowing on the hill and when I looked in the mirror he was in the street with the mower was on him,” said McMillen. “I could tell he was hurt.”
McMillen and his wife Becky turned their car around and found Ronny Bruce Keith, 55, suffering from a laceration to his left hand and a deep gash in the center of his chest.
“This lady is scrubs, I think she was a nurse, got to him before we did and was trying to stop the bleeding,” said McMillen. “We called 911.”
Keith was mowing his yard with a push-mower at about 4 p.m. The front yard at 438 Madison Street slopes down to a concrete retaining wall and Keith apparently was trying to push the mower up the hill when he slipped or stepped off the wall, fell and the mower rolled back on top of him.
The Houston Fire Department responded and immediately wrapped Keith’s hand and stabilized his breathing. Keith was placed in an ambulance and airlifted to Tupelo from the Houston Airport in stable condition.
Traffic on Madison Street was slowed for about 30 minutes until Keith could be transported from the scene.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago