Special to the Chickasaw Journal
HOUSTON – The Houston High School Topper Pride band was honored with their annual banquet April 23 at the Civic Center.
The band competed at the Mississippi High School Activities Association/Mississippi Bandmaster’s Concert band evaluation in February where they were the only 4A school to score a superior rating in concert performance and received an excellent rating in sight reading.
Awards were given to band members including:
* Koby Hill,John Phillip Sousa award for superior musicianship and outstanding dedication
* Jeremy Jones and Alex Belk, Topper Pride Marching Band award for outstanding contribution and dedication of student leaders
* Jordon Nichols, Most Improved Woodwind Performer
* Jacob Moore, Robert P. Chase award and scholarship
* Alex Rucker, Most Improved Brass Performer
* Brooke Anderson, Director’s Award for Outstanding Performance
* Andrew Rucker, Most Improved Brass Performer
* Breanna Johnson, Most Improved Percussion Performer.