CALHOUN CITY – Ruble Parker, 83, died Friday, May 3, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was born Nov. 8, 1929, in Calhoun County. He was a retired from Tension Envelope in Memphis after 35 years. He was a captain in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict. He was a member of Southern Grace Baptist Church in Calhoun City.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Taylor Church of God at Vardaman. The Rev. Jon Haimes will officiate, and the Rev. Sherman Adams will assist. Burial will be in the Taylor Cemetery at Vardaman. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Vardaman is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Vannie Ree Owens Parker of Calhoun City; one son, Tim Parker (Wendy) of Horn Lake; three sisters, Glenda Barnett of Calhoun City, Bobby Nell Wiggs of Lake Village, Ark., and Brenda Reedy (Roger) of Luling, La.; two brothers, Porter Parker (Ester May) of Banner and Jimmy Parker (Dee) of Olive Branch; six grandchildren, Jeremy Parker of Calhoun City, Lee Parker of Vardaman, Lanie Parker of Southaven, Levy Allen Parker, Cody Parker and Ryan Parker, all of Horn Lake.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Bannie Parker and Lura Porter Parker, and two sons, Danny Parker and Tim Parker.
Pallbearers will be James David Owens, Rickie Parker, Barry Shankle, Dave Shankle, Scott Shankle and Stacy Shankle.
Visitation will be from noon until 2 p.m. Saturday at Taylor Church of God.
In lieu of flowers, make donations to Taylor Church of God Cemetery Fund, c/o Tina Scott, 354 CR 433, Vardaman, MS 38878.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago