WEST POINT – Curtis Orman, 87, died Sunday, April 28, 2013, after an extended illness. He was reared on a farm, served in the Navy and worked in maintenance at Babcock & Wilcox in West Point. He was a member of Calvary Baptist Church.
He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Virginia; sons, Roger (Patti) and David (Melissa); daughters, Debbie Lofton (Andy) and Bonnie Salmon (Mike); 12 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; a brother, Charles Orman of West Point; and a sister, Irene Tiffin of Easley, S.C.
He was preceded in death by a son, Marty; siblings, Earnest, James, Francis, Earlene and Preston; parents, Clarence and Maybell Blake Orman; son-in-law, Andy Lofton; and a grandson, Jess Lofton.
The family will receive friends from 10 a.m. until noon today at Calvary Baptist Church. A memorial service will follow with internment at Greenwood Cemetery in West Point. Robinson Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Pallbearers will be his grandchildren and husbands of his grandchildren: Perry Orman, Chris Orman, Kevin Price, Reagan Lewis, Josh Williams and Byron Smith. Honorary pallbearers are the employees of Orman’s Welding.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Sally Kate Winters Home, P.O. Box 1233, West Point, MS 39773.
Friends may leave condolences online at robinsonfh.net.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago