HOUSTON – Elba Frances Allen, 78, died Thursday, April 18, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital. She was born April 2, 1935, in Okolona to James William Corley and Alice Pilgreen Corley. She married David Wilburn Allen on May 7, 1954. She worked as a telephone operator, a dairy farmer and a store clerk. She was a member of Boones Chapel United Methodist Church.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at Boones Chapel United Methodist Church with Bro. H.B. Miller and Bro. Walley Cason officiating. Burial will be in Boones Chapel Cemetery. Southern Funeral Chapel is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her two daughters, Kay Lancaster and John of Houston, and Alice Dawson and Mike of Starkville; two grandsons, Allen Lancaster and Crisi of Goodletsville, Tenn., and Brad Dawson and Paige of Birmingham, Ala.; two granddaughters, Kimberly Lancaster of Columbus and Brittain Dawson of Birmingham; one great-granddaughter, Claire Lancaster; four brothers, Clayton Corley and Lottie, William Corley and Jeanne, and Douglas Corley and Carlene, all of Okolona, and the Rev. Kenneth Corley and Glenda of Pontotoc; a sister, Martha Cole and Stuart of Aberdeen; two sisters-in-law, Marie Vance and R.E. of Houston, and Sue Allen of Amory; and many cousins, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 46 years, David Wilburn Allen, who died April 20, 2000; her parents; one sister, Janell Rhodes; and one brother, Robert Corley.
Pallbearers will be her grandsons, Allen Lancaster and Brad Dawson, and nephews, Jim Corley, Anthony Corley and Krister Corley, Jim Cole and Rob Cole, and Drew Reynolds.
Honorary pallbearers will be Dr. Jonathan Massey, Dr. Tige Lantrip, Dr. Edward Gore, Dr. James White; Mrs. Allen’s Sunday School Class led by Richard Stallings; her dear church friends, Bonnie Sue Gaskin and Mary Ruth Ellis; friends from the Buena Vista community; and her caregivers at Fernbrook.
Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the church.
Online condolences may be left at www.southernfuneralchapel.com.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to Boones Chapel church building fund.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago