SALTILLO – Tina Yvonne Witcher, 45, died Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born in Okolona on Jan. 6, 1968. She was a 1986 honor graduate of Okolona High School.
She received her degree in accounting from the University of Mississippi and worked as an accountant for 25 years with BancorpSouth. She also founded and co-owned Skybox with her husband in Saltillo. She was of the Church of Christ faith. She was a member of the Tupelo Ladies Civitan Club and was extremely involved in local charities including Meals on Wheels and the local coat drive. She was a member of the FWI (Financial Women International). A very compassionate animal lover, her pets included Eli, Abby, Lily, Bella, Josie, Mickey and Daisy.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at The Saltillo Chapel of W.E. Pegues with Bro. Troy McNutt and the Rev. Tim Green officiating. Burial will be in Lee Memorial Park.
Survivors include her husband of 22 years, Robby Witcher of Saltillo; mother, Joy Palmer of Saltillo; father, Larry Hall (Patricia) of Okolona; sister, Christi Whitmon of Mooreville; brother, Phillip Hall (Ashley) of Pontotoc; paternal grandmother, Arlene Hall of Okolona; stepbrother, Tim Jenkins of Pontotoc; stepsister, Emily Carnathan (Robbie) of Okolona; aunts, Jackie Ellis (Terry) of Saltillo, Judy Brewer of Pontotoc, Jill Hurley (Scot) of Amory and Melinda Simmons of Houlka; uncles, Ronnie Harper (Penny) of Louisiana and Jerry Hall (Sue) of Okolona; two brothers-in-law, Ricky Witcher and Rusty Witcher (Amber), both of Tupelo; mother-in-law, Betty Witcher of Saltillo; father-in-law, J.N. Witcher of Tupelo; nieces, Ella and Kelly; nephews, Austin, Landon, Zack, Josh, Brody, Colton, Brandon, Tate and Tyler; and several cousins.
She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Woodrow Hall, Darlene Harper and Leroy Nolte; aunt, Brenda Jolly; sister-in-law, Gail Witcher; and brother-in-law, Randy Witcher.
Pallbearers will be Chad Bishop, Buddy Wayne Haynes, Lloyd Lawrence, Jay Shannon, Lee Dulaney, Rod Counce and Jim Thomas.
Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and continue from 11 a.m. until service time Saturday at the Saltillo Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society, 607 W. Main St. # C, Tupelo, MS 38801 or the Tupelo-Lee Humane Society, P.O. Box 1185, Tupelo, MS 38802.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago