Goldie Jean Walters
SENATOBIA – Goldie Imogene “Jean” Pettit Walters, 85, died Sunday, April 14, 2013, at North Oak Regional Medical Center in Senatobia. She was born Oct. 28, 1927, in Chickasaw County to Clarence Augusta Pettit and Audrie Mae Clark Pettit.
She was a homemaker and a member of Faith Baptist Church in Lambert.
Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with eulogy by Dock Wayne McGee and with the Rev. Richard Mills officiating. Burial followed at Wesley Chapel Cemetery in Houston.
Survivors include her daughters, Patricia and Richard Mills of Senatobia, and Shirley and Mike Pittman of Clarksdale; her sons, W.C. and Shirley Walters of Cabot, Ark., and Larry and Wanda Walters of Batesville; her sisters, Virginia Spencer of Mantee, and Louise and Dock Wayne McGee of Houston; her sister-in-law, Evelyn Pettit of Houston; her brothers, Vester “Buck” and Peggy Pettit of Houston, James Marion “I.T.” and Norma Pettit of Houston, Delbert and Mary Helen Pettit of Houston, Prentiss and Patricia Pettit of Houston; seven grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Oren Hugh Walters, on Dec. 8, 1999; her mother-in-law, Mabel Sumner; and her sisters, Jimmie Olean Vance, Ruby McConnel and Pearlie Dulaney; and her brothers, Clarence Oneal Pettit and Mervin Pettit.
Pallbearers were Jack Vance, Jason Walters, Jeff Walters, Bryan Hall, Jamie Matthews and Carson Bailey.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message on our register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago