Goldie Jean Walters
SENATOBIA – Goldie Imogene “Jean” Pettit Walters, 85, died Sunday, April 14, 2013, at North Oak Regional Medical Center in Senatobia. She was born Oct. 28, 1927, in Chickasaw County to Clarence Augusta Pettit and Audrie Mae Clark Pettit.
She was a homemaker and a member of Faith Baptist Church in Lambert.
Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with eulogy by Dock Wayne McGee and with the Rev. Richard Mills officiating. Burial followed at Wesley Chapel Cemetery in Houston.
Survivors include her daughters, Patricia and Richard Mills of Senatobia, and Shirley and Mike Pittman of Clarksdale; her sons, W.C. and Shirley Walters of Cabot, Ark., and Larry and Wanda Walters of Batesville; her sisters, Virginia Spencer of Mantee, and Louise and Dock Wayne McGee of Houston; her sister-in-law, Evelyn Pettit of Houston; her brothers, Vester “Buck” and Peggy Pettit of Houston, James Marion “I.T.” and Norma Pettit of Houston, Delbert and Mary Helen Pettit of Houston, Prentiss and Patricia Pettit of Houston; seven grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Oren Hugh Walters, on Dec. 8, 1999; her mother-in-law, Mabel Sumner; and her sisters, Jimmie Olean Vance, Ruby McConnel and Pearlie Dulaney; and her brothers, Clarence Oneal Pettit and Mervin Pettit.
Pallbearers were Jack Vance, Jason Walters, Jeff Walters, Bryan Hall, Jamie Matthews and Carson Bailey.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message on our register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago