West keynote speaker at CDF banquet
HOUSTON – Josh West will be the keynote speaker at Thursday’s Chickasaw Development Foundation banquet that will also see the community recognize its best and brightest.
West, Regional Economic Developer for Pontotoc, Union and Chickasaw counties, will talk about his role in attracting business and industry to the area and some of the highlights of his first five months on job.
West is also expected to inform banquet-goers what they can do to help him market the community to the national and world.
“Josh West comes to us with a wealth of experience and has already been a part of several projects that have benefitted Chickasaw County,” said East. “He has been very busy over the past few months and we are excited to introduce him to our members.”
Also on tap for Thursday evening will be entertainment by saxophone legend Ace Cannon.
Cannon, a Calhoun County native, is known for his unique style of entertainment and is a local favorite.
The CDF banquet begins at 6:30 p.m. with a meal at First United Methodist Church on North Jackson Street.
CDF members will also be updated on the progress of Tanglefoot Trail a tourism/economic development project that is slated to open this summer.
East said economic development will be the theme of this year’s event that will also see longstanding community awards presented to industry, organizations and individuals.
Community awards to be presented are:
• Business of The Year award
• Youth Accomplishment award
• Spirit of Chickasaw County award
• Good Samaritan Award
• Main Street Award
CDF will also conduct business that night and will formally vote on the 2013 Board of Directors. That slate includes Chairman Katie Grimes, Vice Chairman John Walden and board members Brandy Abbott, Betty Holder, Talitha Hudson, Bob Pearson and Rex Sanderson.
Tickets to the banquet are $20 per person and tables can be reserved for businesses or industry. Tickets should be purchased in advance to ensure a meal for all attendees. To reserve tickets, please call 456-2321.
The Chickasaw Development Foundation was founded in 1953, and is one of the oldest economic development organizations in Northeast Mississippi.
It has served as a catalyst for bringing about industrial growth in Houston and Chickasaw County. Although Chickasaw County ranks 53th in population among Mississippi’s 82 counties, it is 13th in manufacturing jobs.
Chickasaw County is home to the largest furniture store in the state and is home to one of the largest private furniture manufacturers in the nation.
The community manufactures a wide variety of products, such as wood products, upholstered furniture, polyfoam, cotton batting, carpet underlay, PVC pipe, wood turnings, shipping containers, specialized farming equipment, kitchen and gun cabinets and steel fabrication.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago