SHANNON – John Wilbert Lindsey Jr., 69, died Friday, March 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Dec. 29, 1943, to John Wilbert Lindsey and Earline Townsend. He was a member of Union Baptist Church, where he was a member of the Trustee Board and the male chorus and president of the Brotherhood. He received his education from the Shannon schools. He retired from Foamax after 35 years.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Union Baptist Church with the Rev. Curtis McKinney officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 41 years, Mattie Buchanan Lindsey of Shannon; one daughter, Earline Carouthers of Tupelo; one stepdaughter, Gwendolyn Buchanan of Shannon; one son, Wilbert Terezz Lindsey (Jameda) of Walls; four sisters, Aglean Ford (Wardell), Eloise Rogers (John) of Okolona, Flora Gates of Dunkirk, N.Y., and Nancy Thompson (James) of Shannon; stepsisters, Erie Mae Lee of Shannon, Laura Williams of Verona, Helen McConner and Annie Williams of Grand Rapids, Mich.; a sister-in-law, Lillian Hampton; four brothers, Andrew Lindsey, Rev. Earnest Lindsey, Freddie Lindsey Williams, all of Shannon, Curtis Williams (Mary) of Dunkirk, N.Y.; two stepbrothers, Lonzo Williams of Shannon and Roger Williams of Grand Rapids, Mich.; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. and a wake from 6 to 7 p.m. Friday, both at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago