SHANNON – John Wilbert Lindsey Jr., 69, died Friday, March 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Dec. 29, 1943, to John Wilbert Lindsey and Earline Townsend. He was a member of Union Baptist Church, where he was a member of the Trustee Board and the male chorus and president of the Brotherhood. He received his education from the Shannon schools. He retired from Foamax after 35 years.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Union Baptist Church with the Rev. Curtis McKinney officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 41 years, Mattie Buchanan Lindsey of Shannon; one daughter, Earline Carouthers of Tupelo; one stepdaughter, Gwendolyn Buchanan of Shannon; one son, Wilbert Terezz Lindsey (Jameda) of Walls; four sisters, Aglean Ford (Wardell), Eloise Rogers (John) of Okolona, Flora Gates of Dunkirk, N.Y., and Nancy Thompson (James) of Shannon; stepsisters, Erie Mae Lee of Shannon, Laura Williams of Verona, Helen McConner and Annie Williams of Grand Rapids, Mich.; a sister-in-law, Lillian Hampton; four brothers, Andrew Lindsey, Rev. Earnest Lindsey, Freddie Lindsey Williams, all of Shannon, Curtis Williams (Mary) of Dunkirk, N.Y.; two stepbrothers, Lonzo Williams of Shannon and Roger Williams of Grand Rapids, Mich.; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. and a wake from 6 to 7 p.m. Friday, both at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago