Huffman resigns from School Board
Huffman, who represents county voters in the Houston School District but who live outside the city limits tendered his resignation March 7 but will not officially step down until June 30.
”Though it saddens me to leave this role I have an amazing opportunity to continue the charge for educational excellence in my new role as a corps member with Teach For America,” said Huffman in a letter to the school board. “I have decided to trade the boardroom for a classroom. In my new role I will have a more hand’s on approach in the education realm by serving students in the Mississippi Delta.”
Superintendent Dr. Steve Coker said Huffman’s post is an elected position and the district has begun the process to fill that spot.
“Zack Huffman is a product of the Houston School District where he played center on the football team, was in community theater and excelled in academics,” said Huffman. “He is a fine young man and he will be missed by this school board and the district.”
Huffman was elected without opposition in 2011 to take the place of At-Large Trustee Gary Washington who chose not to run for the post. Huffman’s term will expire in 2016.
While a student at Ole Miss, Huffman routinely attended school board meeting via Skype and the internet.
Coker pointed out Huffman was very knowledgeable of technology and being a college student he brought a different perspective to the board.
Qualifed voters of the Houston At-Large school district should contact the Central Office for details about the school board election.
“I wish this board and district the best of luck in achieving the academic success that I know it will achieve,” said Huffman. “ I also hope that the integrity that this board maintains today will flourish with my successor’s appointment to serve out my remaining term. “
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago