Thanks, I needed that
I believe that’s true.
I also believe God slaps me across the face now and again – just because I need it.
Now, before you think I’m blaspheming, hold on just a second.
You know there’s a story coming.
I went to see Ugandan Thunder Saturday afternoon in Okolona. I heard about the group of youth from the Royal School and Orphanage who tour the world singing and dancing to raise money to help feed other orphans back in their homeland. I thought it sounded interesting, so I skipped over to check it out. I really didn’t know what kind of music or dance they would perform, but I kind of expected an African angle.
The children came out to the center of the gym floor, lined up and began to sing , “Here I Am To Worship.”
In perfect English no less.
I’m ashamed to admit the first thought that came to my mind was, “How do you know that song? My youth group, in my church, in my hometown sings that song.”
The second thought that ran through my head was, “Duh, silly girl. Did you forget that Jesus is universal?”
Yep, a pop across the jaw that rocked my head right back on its hinges and it was much needed.
I get so wrapped up in “my” stuff and “my” world and, yes, even “my” church that I lose my way sometimes.
But there God is, ready to get my attention and correct me.
Ain’t He good?
All the time.
If you were able to see the show in Okolona or Houlka Saturday, I’m sure you felt a blessed as I did. The youth did a fantastic job sharing their love of Christ through song and dance.
If you didn’t and you ever get a chance, you owe it to yourself to go. It’s worth the drive to wherever they are.
Thanks, God, I needed that.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports at the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago