Houlka PD on a roll
Police Chief Ray Laney and Mayor Jimmy Kelly took receipt of two new patrol trucks in February as part of a planned and budgeted purchase to upgrade PD equipment. The newest car was acquired from the Waveland PD after upgrades of their own.
Laney said the quality of the car and any maintenance needed to put it on the road would be at a significantly less expense than trying to purchase even a reconditioned vehicle.
The Board of Aldermen were also informed of new lighting additions at their March 5 meeting.
Two new lights at the city park have been installed and one new light will shine on the local library, adding to security at both facilities.
In other business, the board:
• Took bids on the sewer project under advisement. Two bids were rejected due to incorrect filing of paperwork.
• Signed a miscellaneous contract with Cook Coggins Engineering to do minor projects and estimates that are not part of a larger contract. The agreement will be listed as a line item in billing by hours.
• Heard a proposal to raise the levee height at the west lagoon and add a pumping station for better waste water treatment
* Agreed to seek quotes on a city shop building to replace one that will be torn down. Part of the property on which the old shop is located has been sold to the Houlka Nazarene Church to be used for a Family Life Center. The old shop will be destroyed and a new metal building on a concrete slab with two roll-up doors and an entrance door is proposed for a replacement.
• Agreed to send David Ray to the Mississippi Rural Water Training seminar in March
* Agreed to purchase an advertisement in the Welcome to Chickasaw magazine
• Discussed complaints of vicious dogs running loose. No action was taken on the matter.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago