RANDOLPH – Max Colby Staten, 75, died Monday, March 11, 2013, in Pontotoc. He was born Jan. 20, 1938, in Counce, Tenn., to Cleophas and Elzie Parker Staten.
He was a member of West Heights Baptist Church and a Mason. He graduated from Pontotoc High School in 1955 and attended Mississippi State University. He served in the U.S. Army and worked for Day-Brite and Super Sagless for many years. He owned his own TV repair shop for many years, and he was an accomplished locksmith and mechanic. An avid reader, he enjoyed fishing, hunting, being with his family and helping others.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Harvey Sewell will officiate. Burial will follow in the West Heights Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include a brother, Curtis Wayne Staten of Randolph; an aunt, Louise Parker of Pontotoc; numerous cousins; and special friend, Jimmy Shepherd.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Cleophas and Elzie Parker Staten; his grandparents, Sam and Dora Staten, and Levi and Nancy Castleberry Parker.
Pallbearers and honorary pallbearers will be his first and second cousins.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, March 20, Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago