PHEBA – John Michael “Foots” Vance, 66, passed away on Friday, March 15, 2013, at his home in Pheba. He was born Dec. 30, 1946, in Houston to Anna Lloyd Fant Morgan and Lt. Col. John Gurney Vance.
He began working for GM&O Railroad in 1971. He was a conductor with Kansas City Southern for 30 years before retiring. He served in the Mississippi National Guard in Eupora. He was a member of Cedar Bluff Baptist Church. He was an avid Bulldog fan. He loved all his grandchildren and enjoyed all his friends. He never met a stranger and all who met him loved him. He married Flora Virginia McKee on June 17, 1978, in Pheba.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Andy Parrish officiating. Burial will follow in Providence Cemetery at Maben. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Flora Virginia McKee Vance of Pheba; his daughter, Tia McMullin Perkins (Jimmy) of Harahan, La.; his sons, Terry Colin McMullin (Sherry) of Mantee, John Michael Vance Jr. (Stacy) of Houlka, Bradley Scott Vance (Jill) of Houlka, Tony Kevin Vance (Ashley) of Starkville; nine grandchildren, Kayla Huffman, Paxton Peay, Kane Perkins, Cole McMullen, Joe Riley McMullen, Jovi McMullen, Audrey Vance, Johnny Vance and Trace Vance; and all his brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law; his father, Lt. Col. John Gurney (Bruna) of Montgomery, Ala., and his mother, Anna Lloyd Morgan of Eupora; and three sisters, Tanna Gary (Mike) of Eupora, Brenda Gary (Don) of Eupora and Elanora Orgish (Scott) of Houston, Texas.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents, John Ed and Edna Vance, and Samuel and Georgia Fant; his stepfather, Willis Morgan; and a special uncle, Monk Fant.
Pallbearers will be Casey Terrell Weeks, Toby McKee, Perron Sizemore, Joe Jack White, Jimmy Perkins, Josh McKee, Ren Gary and Robbie Hubbard.
Honorary pallbearers will be former co-workers with Kansas City Southern Railroad; the staff of the Cancer Center in Starkville; the staff at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo; the staff Starkville Walmart Pharmacy; and the staff of Gentiva Hospice.
Memorials may be made to Providence Cemetery Fund, c/o Gola McMullen 4581 Hwy. 15, Maben, MS 39750.
Visitation will be from 5 until 8 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, March 20, Chickasaw Journal.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago