MONTPELIER – Gerald N. Moore, 79, passed away, on Thursday, March 14, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Valley Station, Ky., to Lillian Vaughn and Walter Moore. He was a retired U.S. Marine master gunnery sergeant with 24 years and six months of service. He served in Korea and Vietnam. After retirement, he worked in civil service for the U.S. Navy. He attended Montpelier Baptist Church. He married Mary Powell Moore on Oct. 10, 1958, in Buford-Parris Island, S.C.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Jerry King officiating. Cremation will follow. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Mary W. Moore of Montpelier; two daughters, Loretta Hall of Salem, Va., and Nannette Shinn (Michael) of Montpelier; five grandchildren, Wesley Hall, Emily Hall, Justin Shinn, Emerson Shinn and Savannah Shinn; and two sisters, Bonnie Green (Dan) of Cleveland, Tenn., and Doris Fiotakias of Wilton, Conn.
He was preceded in death by his parents and his sister, Dixie Long.
Memorials may be made to American Heart Association, P.O. Box 16808, Jackson, MS 39236; or to West Point/Clay County Animal Shelter, 1212 Old Tibbee Road, West Point, MS 39773.
Visitation will be from 12:30 p.m. until service time Tuesday at Calvert Funeral Home.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, March 20, Chickasaw Journal.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago