Who deserves your vote?
The deadline to qualify to run for a spot in city government in Okolona, Houston, Houlka and Woodland was Friday.
The candidates have stepped up and filed the appropriate paperwork, paid their fees and tossed their hat in the ring.
Let us be the first to say we thank every candidate for the courage and desire to run for public office. Everyone is quick to talk about ways to make government better, but few want to run for public office and make it happen.
And in this great country and community we have also learned that the best and brightest don’t always run for office. That’s where the citizens of Houston, Okolona, Houlka and Woodland need to do their part and make sure the best man – or woman – gets elected.
That means we need to start asking our future city leaders where they stand on issues.
What will they accomplish if we give them our vote?
How will they help create jobs?
Will they fix our streets?
How will they help our schools?
Will they work with our county officials?
How are they going to fight crime?
Will they make our neighbors clean up their yard?
How will they enforce city ordinances and regulations?
Will they make businesses tidy up their storefront?
What are they going to do to improve our parks?
And just how do they expect to pay for all this?
If a candidate can’t give you a good answer to these questions, don’t give them your vote.
The campaigns for city offices has begun. And the most important question to be answered this spring is who deserves your vote.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago