BRAZORIA, Texas – Alfred “Ross” Young, 79, passed away Monday, March 11, 2013, at his home. He was born June 15, 1933, in Houlka to Ross and Amy Chrestman Young.
He was a retired Teamsters driver for Chemical Leaman with 25-plus years service and an excess of 2 million safely-driven miles. He was a loving father, grandfather, great-grandfather and brother. He loved to play basketball with his kids. He enjoyed telling stories and spending quality time with his family.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Dixon Funeral Home in Brazoria, Texas. Pastor Ernie Hutchings will officiate. Burial will follow at Restwood Memorial Park in Lake Jackson, Texas.
He is survived by his children, Debbie Young and Bobbie Warneke, Denise Kemp (Billy), both of Churchill, Texas, Johnny Young (Linda) of Houston, Diane Weatherford (Denny) of Tupelo; grandchildren, Jake Young (Ginger), Jennifer Kilgore (Russell), all of Houston, Brittany Weatherford of Tupelo, Michael Alford (Kory) of Alvin, Texas; Jessica Norris (Anthony) of Angleton, Texas, Matthew Tyson (Angela) of Splendora, Texas, Dilan and Kade Tyson, and Katherine Kemp, all of Brazoria, Texas; brothers, Gary “Hubby” Young (Mary Frances) of Saltillo, Danny Young (Brenda) of Houlka; sisters, Martha Kay Cunningham (Jack) of Seminole, Fla., Kathy Austin (Bruce) of Houlka; seven great-grandchildren; a host of nieces and nephews; special lifelong friends and fellow drivers, Larry Kerley of Angleton, Texas, and James Chambers of Clute, Texas.
He was preceded in death by his wives, Joan Reeder Young and Mary Laverne Young; his parents; a son, Michael Ross Young; a daughter, Karen Young Tyson; and brothers, Ronnie Young and Hayes Young.
Pallbearers will be Michael Alford, Matthew Tyson, Denny Weatherford, Dilan Tyson, Johnny Young and Anthony Norris.
Honorary pallbearers will be Dennis and Kade Tyson.
Family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be left at www.dixonfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago