HOULKA – Aubrey Wayne Moss, 76, died Monday, March 11, 2013, at his home. He was born Jan. 26, 1937, in Chickasaw County to Barney and Inez Moss.
A hard worker, he was a carpenter and owned a furniture factory in Chickasaw County. He loved music and enjoyed playing his fiddle. He also enjoyed fishing and camping.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston. Bro. Greg Moss, Bro. Scott Samuell and Bro. Jimmy Criddle will officiate. Burial is in Ellzey Cemetery in Vardaman.
He is survived by his wife of 58 years, Faye Moss; his five children, Mike and Sarah Moss, Terry and Paula Moss, Tony and Barbara Moss, Ricky and Angie Moss, and Cissy and Charles Tutor, all of Houlka; four sisters, Sue Burkeen, Alice McGehee and Shirley Shopher, all of Houston, and Brenda Payne and Joe of Pontotoc; three brothers, Paul Ray Moss of Houston, Leonard Moss and Caroline of Guys, Tenn., and Hershel Moss of Oxford; a sister-in-law, Adell Moss of Cleveland, Tenn.; a brother-in-law, Sammy Wilkerson of Houlka; 14 grandchildren, Shelley Washington, Stephanie Paul and Ryan, Lesley Moore and Brian, Casey Moss, Brandon Moss, Corey and Jill Moss, Chris Moss and Courtney, Jimmy Criddle and Debbie, Paul Criddle and the mother of his children, Tara, Tim and Mallory Moss, Meagan and Andrew Morris, Dakota and Jenna Houston, and Tiffany Tutor; and 17 great-grandchildren, Presley Washington, Emily Paul, Hailee and Avery Moore, Matt Moss, Riley Moore, Ava Moss, Brett and Jackson Moss, Joey and Georgia Moss, Ethan, Landon and Caroline Criddle, Anniston and Harper Criddle, and Weston Tutor.
He was preceded in death by his parents and grandparents; a brother, Gene Moss; and a sister, Linda Wilkerson.
Pallbearers will be Bobby Moss, Steve Hamblin, Kent Lander, Mark Samuell, Tim Moss, Bruce Burkeen and Anthony Moss. Russell McGehee will be an honorary pallbearer.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago