Kelley to speak at Okolona Chamber Banquet
OKOLONA – The 79th annual Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet will be held March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory and the focus this year will be on local business and industry in relation to economic growth.
Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, will deliver the keynote address.
Three Rivers offers resources and assistance to local communities in the areas of
• Agency on Aging
• Fiscal planning
• Governmental functions
• Loans for economic development
• Medicaid waivers
• Research and development
• Solid waste fee billing
• Technical assistance
• Workforce investment
The private, non-profit agency’s core service area includes Calhoun, Chickasaw, Itawamba, Lafayette, Lee, Monroe, Pontotoc and Union counties.
Chamber of Commerce Director Perry Grubbs said the banquet will put an emphasis on business and industry.
“We will be recognizing selected businesses, primarily owner-operators, and talking about our relationship with Three Rivers related to industry,” Grubbs said.
The Chamber honors citizens each year for philanthropy and excellence in education as well as recognizing businesses for their contributions to the community and economy.
Grubbs said the nominees for awards and recognitions have been chosen and will be presented at the banquet. The banquet traditionally follows a theme, “and this year will by businesses and the leaders of those operation,” Grubbs said.
Awards to be presented are:
• Business of the Year
• Industry of the Year
• Main Street Award
• Golden Heart Award
• Philanthropist of the Year
• Educator of the Year
• Citizen of the Year
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago