MOOREVILLE – Judy Faye Putt, 59, died suddenly on Sunday, March 10, 2013, at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis. She was born Jan. 25, 1954, in Waukegan, Ill., to William R. and Joann Lippincott Harbin. Judy graduated in 1972 from Mantachie High School, and then attended Itawamba Community College. She was a 1976 graduate of Mississippi State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Houses. She was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and a Liberian while attending Mississippi State.
Judy worked at the Daily Journal for thirty-six and a half years as a Copy Editor/Features Designer. She loved to cook and collected many recipes from the cooking section of the Daily Journal.
Judy was a member of East Heights Baptist Church where she served as a Sunday School teacher and later served in the Children’s Ministry. She was devoted to caring for her special needs brother. She was a Christian, a devoted servant of God and enjoyed Southern gospel music.
Judy enjoyed many years of boating with family and was an avid Mooreville High School athletic fan. She was involved in many community events such as Relay for Life, Breast Cancer Awareness, Gum Tree and the Empty Bowl luncheons.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at East Heights Baptist Church of Tupelo with the Rev. Tim Brown officiating and eulogies by Lloyd Gray and the Rev. Eddie Boutwell. Burial will be in Boguefala Cemetery. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her husband of 36 years, Jerry Putt of Mooreville; her mother, Joann Harbin of Mantachie; six siblings, Linda Farrar of Mantachie and her son, a special nephew to Judy, Chris Gann, Debra Smith of Jackson, Cindy Garner (Donnie) of Amory, Billy Harbin Jr. of Tupelo, James Harbin of Mantachie and Pam Farris of Tupelo; two sisters-in-law, Dianne Kirkman (Johnathan) of Greensboro, N.C., and Lynn Hall (Bobby) of Saltillo; her mother-in-law, Ellen Stroupe (Wayne) of Mooreville; many nieces and nephews; and her special pets, Laney and Sophie.
She was preceded in death by her father, William Rayburn Harbin Sr., and her special pet, Angel.
Honorary pallbearers will be Chris Gann, Eric Farris, Joey Hall and Bobby Hall.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago