Drugs, weapons seized in area busts
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Members of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, Okolona Police Department, Houston Police Department and North Mississippi Narcotics Unit are continuing to crack down on drug use and sales in the county and made several arrests during the month of February.
Several local citizens were arrested as well as those from out of town who were charged with intent to sell or distribute illegal drugs in the area.
• Feb. 8, Miles Taylor, 30, of Moss Point was arrested for possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of Oxycodone. Justice Court Judge Garry Turner set bond at $75,000. Taylor is currently on probation with the Mississippi Department of Corrections for drug and burglary charges.
• Feb. 14, Demaris Washington of Woodland was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine which was recovered from his vehicle. Washington was out on bond for the sale of crack cocaine.
• Feb. 14, Donell Wimms of Houlka was charged with two counts of the sale of a controlled substance (marijuana) and bond was set at $40,000. Wimms was on probation when the arrest was made and is being held for MDOC.
• Feb. 15, Lester Hamiter, 23, and Amanda Lacklen, 23, both of Columbus, were arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to sell. Justice Court Judge Judy Posey set bond at $20,000 each for Hamiter and Lacklen.
• Feb. 16, Lafonzo Richardson was arrested for a charge of possession of cocaine stemming from a home search Sept. 6, 2012. The Okolona man has been on the run from law enforcement since the original charge. He was not at home at the time of the search.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago