CHICKASAW COUNTY – Members of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, Okolona Police Department, Houston Police Department and North Mississippi Narcotics Unit are continuing to crack down on drug use and sales in the county and made several arrests during the month of February.
Several local citizens were arrested as well as those from out of town who were charged with intent to sell or distribute illegal drugs in the area.
• Feb. 8, Miles Taylor, 30, of Moss Point was arrested for possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of Oxycodone. Justice Court Judge Garry Turner set bond at $75,000. Taylor is currently on probation with the Mississippi Department of Corrections for drug and burglary charges.
• Feb. 14, Demaris Washington of Woodland was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine which was recovered from his vehicle. Washington was out on bond for the sale of crack cocaine.
• Feb. 14, Donell Wimms of Houlka was charged with two counts of the sale of a controlled substance (marijuana) and bond was set at $40,000. Wimms was on probation when the arrest was made and is being held for MDOC.
• Feb. 15, Lester Hamiter, 23, and Amanda Lacklen, 23, both of Columbus, were arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to sell. Justice Court Judge Judy Posey set bond at $20,000 each for Hamiter and Lacklen.
• Feb. 16, Lafonzo Richardson was arrested for a charge of possession of cocaine stemming from a home search Sept. 6, 2012. The Okolona man has been on the run from law enforcement since the original charge. He was not at home at the time of the search.