LOCAL FOCUS: Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston
Locally owned businesses serving the local community
Having the resources of a large firm linked with hometown people you know and trust are what makes Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston successful.
Certified Public Accountants Jason D. Brooks and Romona T. Walls are Houston residents who know the needs of local businesses and individuals and have the credential and experience to provide premium accounting services and financial counseling.
Brooks earned his Bachelor of Accountancy degree from Mississippi State University in 2001 and joined Watkins, Ward & Stafford in 2002. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Jason’s practice is concentrated in individual and corporate income tax, management advisory services and audits of governmental and non-profit organizations with an emphasis on single adults. He is a member of the local MSU Alumni Association and Houston Exchange Club.
Walls earned her Bachelor of Professional Accountancy from Mississippi State in 1986 and joined Watkins, Ward & Stafford in 2012 after running her own practice for 10 years.
Romona is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Mississippi Society of Accountants, and has served on the board of the Mississippi Association of Public Accountants for the past six years.
With more than 20 years of experience, Wall’s concentration is retail stores and all aspects of the trucking industry.
“I think you can see we have the resources of a large firm and the service and relationships of a smaller office,” said Brooks. “We offer financial consulting to large and small businesses alike and bring a lot to the table. Many times a smaller business doesn’t have a CFO and they can contract with us for those services and let us meet the needs that are specific to their business or company.”
Both Brooks and Walls call Houston home and know the families and have the contacts in the local community.
The Houston office is also staffed by Kelly McManus and Katylynn Wright who assist Walls and Brooks and maintain close contact with clients throughout the year.
“Our firm is one of the leading firms in the area,” said Brooks. “By combining our expertise, experience and energy of our staff, each client receives close personal and professional attention.”
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago