East Webster strikes again
Special to the Chickasaw Journal
JACKSON – East Webster’s bowling team has definitely found its place in the championship city.
After sweeping the regional tournament in Tupelo at Rebel Lanes, the Wolverines were ready to take care of business in Jackson. Starting the day with the best two games of the tournament, the Wolverines took an early lead with Brett Brock shooting the best game at 265. The rest of the Wolverines shot above their average and that is exactly what Coach Christian “Boo” Jones said would need to happen to be able to defend their state championship from last year.
A year ago the Wolverines had to come back from a 2-0 deficit with Kossuth to claim the 2012 state championship.
“We have a great bunch of kids that can focus on the task at hand and come up with a way to conquer any obstacle that comes their way,” Jones said.
East Webster faced East Union in the championship round and took it all the way to the fifth game winning 3-2. Graduating two starters, Jones says he looks for a couple of the younger guys to fill those shoes over the summer and come back with a strong team next year.
The Lady Wolverines barely missed the championship round finishing third. Jones said he is very proud of the progress they have made and looks forward to next year.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago