Flywheel Festival seeks vendors
Last year the spring show saw over 4,000 people pack Joe Brigance Park for two days of food, fun and entertainment and the call has gone out this week seeking vendors for April 26-27 event.
“We mailed out flyers recently and are steadily spreading the word seeking vendors,” said Joyce East, Executive Director of the Chickasaw Development Foundation, co-sponsor with the Mississippi Valley Flywheel Association for the bi-annual event. “If people want a special spot they need to register as soon as possible.
“The spring festival is always the biggest,” she added. “If we have good weather, and with the talent we have lined up, we should have big crowds again.”
East said saxophone legend Ace Cannon headlines Saturday’s entertainment. Lannie, One Way Quartet and the Community Choir will also take to the stage in the center of the park on Saturday.
On Friday night the Ole Timers Band, made up of local talent, will perform in the 7 p.m. prime-time spot. Brenda Whitlock and Bobby Hood are also slated to kickoff the festival on Friday.
The 32nd Annual Mississippi Valley Flywheel Association Spring Flywheel Festival will be April 26-27 and offers everything from a 5K run and arts and crafts to a tractor pull and hominy cooking. And it’s all free and open to the public.
Vendors can get a 12X12 booth for $30 per day. Booths needing electrical hookups are an extra $5 per day for 110-volt and $10 for 220-volt.
Vendors need to contact Linda Vanlandingham at CDF by calling 662-456-2321 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The weekend starts Friday with tractors, food vendors and arts and crafts booth open for business and viewing. The first Anvil Shoot – where festival organizers blow a 75-pound anvil into the air with gunpowder – is at 11 a.m. on Friday.
Live entertainment starts at 5 p.m., and the Houston Booster Club fundraiser supper wraps up about 6 p.m.
Saturday dawns with the opening ceremony at 8 a.m., and the Pink Ribbon 5K run gets started immediately afterwards. The Parade of Power through downtown Houston is at 9 a.m.
The tractor pull starts at 12:30 p.m.
And in addition to all this there will be a working grist mill, hominy cooking, cracklin’ cooking, lard rendering, lye soap making and other old timer demonstrations.
There will also be a skillet toss for the ladies and a piston toss for the guys. Prizes will be offered for the longest throw in each event.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago