TUPELO – Mary Elbert “Sis” Fields, 75, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at her home in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 18, 1937, to Elbert “Candy” Fields and Martha Owens Fields.
She accepted Christ at an early age and joined Poplar Springs CME Church. She graduated from the Okolona Public Schools and attended Okolona College. She was employed by Arvin Industries, Reed’s Manufacturing and Bryan Foods and retired from North Mississippi Medical Center Dietary Dept. in Tupelo.
Services will be at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Poplar Springs CME Church in Shannon. Burial will be in Mullen Cemetery at Nettleton. N.L. Jones Funeral Directors of Tupelo is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her companion of 34 years, Randy Hughes; three sons, Terry and Tyrone Fields of Tupelo, and Ricky (Vickie) Fields of Shannon; two daughters, Lisa (David) Goree of Shannon and Tammy Fields of Tupelo; four sisters, Mary E. Sanders, Curmie (Herbert) Arnold and Martha Sue Fields, all of Nettleton, and Joyce (John Albert) Brook of Shannon; 10 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; one aunt, Elizabeth Owens; nieces, nephews and cousins; a longtime friend, Bridgett Elliott; and her special niece and caregiver, Nevia Ligon.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her grandparents, George and Mary Owens, and William Henry and Lillie Mae Fields; two brothers, McArthur “Big Jim” and Larry Fields; a son, Johnny Fields; a grandson, Lemiro Fields; and a granddaughter, Laken Goree.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago