MYRTLE – Linda Sue Minor Rodgers, 51, died Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Sept. 10, 1961, in Helena, Ark., to James Talmadge Minor and Kathleen Norris Oliver Minor.
She was a line supplier at Ultra Comfort Foam in New Albany and a member of the Poolville Baptist Church.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Larry Harrison and the Rev. Steavon Ball officiating. Burial will be in the Enterprise Cemetery. United Funeral Service in New Albany is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her husband, Danny “Jack” Rodgers of Myrtle; a daughter, Melissa Turner (Timmy) of Myrtle; a stepdaughter, Susie Collins (Kenny) of Walnut; two stepsons, Billy Jack Rodgers of Myrtle and Danny Riley (Donna) of Potts Camp; five sisters, Jo Ann Fisk (Dudley) of Bruce, Betty Redwine (Gene) of Bruce, Becky Robbins (Jeff) of Pontotoc, Mary Mays (Richard) of Hickory Flat and Cathy Sturrock (Buddy) of Gilmore, Texas; three brothers, Billy Minor (Vickie) of Oxford, Dearl Minor of Hickory Flat and Gary Minor of South Carolina; six grandchildren, Hunter Malone, Courtney Malone, Emory Malone, Dustin Malone, Elizabeth Turner and Linda Joe Turner; 13 stepgrandchildren; four stepgreat-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a step-grandchild.
Pallbearers will be Daniel McCord, Josh Rodgers, Chris Redwine, Mike Owens, Ronnie Owens and J.J. Owens. Honorary pallbearers will be her grandsons.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, 5159 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS 38801; or Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, 50 N. Dunlap St., Memphis, TN 38103.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago