Tidy up the Trail
Trail advocates have estimated it could see up to 100,000 users each year as word of this tourism draw spreads. That same study estimates Tanglefoot Trail could have an estimated economic impact of as much as $4.8 million for Northeast Mississippi.
Estimates are just that, but the opportunity for Houston to grow and benefit immensely from Tanglefoot Trail are very real.
The Chickasaw Journal believes taxpayers and businesses have bought into the trail and support it wholeheartedly.
It is now our wish for the commercial and industrial areas of our community to catch the same spirit.
Houston’s Aldermen have forced homeowners to clean up their property and that has benefitted us all. Now is the time for property owners along the trail to take a long hard look and tidy up.
A neater and cleaner Houston benefits us all in the form of higher property values, less crime and the pride of living in a well-kept neighborhood.
Those same returns await our commercial and industrial neighbors who “Tidy up the Trail.”
Tanglefoot Trail runs through three north Mississippi counties – Union, Pontotoc and Chickasaw. The Trail begins at Main Street in New Albany and rolls 44 miles south to end at Church Street in Houston.
We have a definite need to clean up our main entrances to the Trail. The area may seem fine and normal to those who have looked at it for years, but it leaves less than a good first impression on those driving in for the first time.
Recycling is the wave of the future and much of that junk has value, if you’ll make the effort to truck it to a recycling center. And, yes, some of it has no value and just needs to be hauled off or least moved where no one can see it.
Take a little pride in your town. The rewards will make us all smile and be proud that Tanglefoot Trail begins and ends in Houston.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago