TUPELO – Marie Woods, 85, died Monday, Feb. 25, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. She was born Jan. 26, 1928, in Memphis to William Elihu and Lucy Smith Stewart.
She was a resident of Tupelo since 1963. She married Travis W. “Woody” Woods who preceded her in death May 30, 2001. She enjoyed conversation and spending time with her family, friends and grandchildren. She was an avid golfer and people person. Before her illness she was a longtime member of West Jackson Street Baptist Church. When she became homebound, she loved watching Dr. Forrest Sheffield on the Harrisburg Baptist Church TV Ministry.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with Dr. Forrest Sheffield and the Rev. Roger Smith officiating. Burial will be in Lee Memorial Park.
Survivors include two children, Deborah “Debbie” Stiles (Mike) of Tupelo and Mike Woods (Karan) of Dorsey; one sister, Ann Hampton of Trenton, Tenn.; one brother, Ronnie W. Hampton of Trenton, Tenn.; four grandchildren, Shanna Allred, and Robert, Stuart and Boomer Woods; and five great-grandchildren, Hunter Allred, and Memory, Anna, Alex and Shelby Woods.
She was preceded in death by her husband; her parents; two sisters, Maudine Campbell and Clatie Davis; and two brothers, Dan Hampton and Willie Stewart.
Pallbearers will be Robert, Stuart and Boomer Woods, and Hunter and Richard Allred.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to the NMMC Inpatient Hospice Unit, 830 S. Gloster St., Tupelo, MS 38801; Sanctuary Hospice House, P.O. Box 2177, Tupelo, MS 38803; or any charity of your choice in her honor.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago