OXFORD – Robert Jackson Mullins, infant son of Robert Brian and Leigh Carole Gordon Mullins, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013, at the Baptist Hospital in Oxford.
Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Shannon Cemetery with Dr. Roy McHenery and Dr. Eric Boykin officiating. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his parents, Brian and Leigh Carole Mullins of Oxford; his grandmothers, Martha Gordon of Okolona and Judy Barenis (Lutis) of Greenville; aunts, Natalie Rutledge (ED) of Acworth, Ga., Kim Gordon of Houston; one uncle, Chris Mullins (Mandy) of Hattiesburg; cousins, Beau Alison, Ann-Marie Alison and Rex Brown, all of Houston, Will Rutledge and John Harris Rutledge, both of Acworth, Ga.
He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Sen. Carl Jack Gordon; great-grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Carl Gordon, Mr. and Mrs. Herman Estes, and Herbert and Christine Horne.
Pallbearers will be Ted Gordon, Scott Sullivan, Ed Rutledge and Chris Mullins.
Honorary pallbearers will be cousins, Beau Alison, Rex Brown, Will Rutledge and John Harris Rutledge.
Visitation will be at the home of Martha Gordon, 110 Prairie Street, in Okolona, immediately following services for all friends and relatives.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Feb. 27, Chickasaw Journal.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the March of Dimes, Louise Gordon White Christmas Fund at the First Baptist Church of Okolona or the charity of your choice.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago