College Goal dates set at Houston, Okolona
College Goal Sunday, a non-profit program that provides free information and assistance to Mississippi families applying for financial assistance for higher education will be offered again in the public schools. The College Goal event will take place over an eight-day period at many locations in the state.
• At the Houston School of Science and Technology, College Goal will be held Friday, Feb. 22 from 1-5 p.m.
• At Okolona High School, College Goal sill be held Saturday, Feb. 23 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All students interested in attending college at any level must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Financial aid experts will be on-site at both schools to help with the application process. The program targets high school seniors and those who are enrolling for college for the first time.
Students (and parents) should bring
• Student’s and parent’s federal tax return
• Student’s and parent’s driver’s license, Social Security numbers and birthdates
• Student’s and parent’s W-2 forms and records of other money earned
• Current bank statements to show amount of cash, savings and checking accounts
• Current business information
• Total amount of investments not in retirement accounts
• Alien registration form if not a citizen
• Dates of parent’s marriage, divorce or separation
To provide the best possible service, students may register online at www.mscollegegoalsunday.org.
For more information, contact Zettie Johnson at Okolona High School, 447-2362 or Teresa Moore at the Houston School of Science and Technology, 456-3748.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago