College Goal Sunday, a non-profit program that provides free information and assistance to Mississippi families applying for financial assistance for higher education will be offered again in the public schools. The College Goal event will take place over an eight-day period at many locations in the state.
• At the Houston School of Science and Technology, College Goal will be held Friday, Feb. 22 from 1-5 p.m.
• At Okolona High School, College Goal sill be held Saturday, Feb. 23 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All students interested in attending college at any level must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Financial aid experts will be on-site at both schools to help with the application process. The program targets high school seniors and those who are enrolling for college for the first time.
Students (and parents) should bring
• Student’s and parent’s federal tax return
• Student’s and parent’s driver’s license, Social Security numbers and birthdates
• Student’s and parent’s W-2 forms and records of other money earned
• Current bank statements to show amount of cash, savings and checking accounts
• Current business information
• Total amount of investments not in retirement accounts
• Alien registration form if not a citizen
• Dates of parent’s marriage, divorce or separation
To provide the best possible service, students may register online at www.mscollegegoalsunday.org.
For more information, contact Zettie Johnson at Okolona High School, 447-2362 or Teresa Moore at the Houston School of Science and Technology, 456-3748.