PITTSBORO – Josie I. Spratlin Murphree, 93, died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013, at Bruce Community Living Center. She was born Aug. 20, 1919, in the Lloyd community. She was a homemaker and a member of Old Town Baptist Church. She was a retired seamstress for Glenn Slacks and DSL Mfg. of Bruce.
Services will be at 2 p.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Bro. Robert Earl Alexander officiating and Bro. Justin Gates assisting. Burial will be in Memory Memorial Garden at Bruce.
Survivors include a son, Elion R. Murphree (wife, Carolyn Spradling) of Byhalia; two daughters, Brenda West (Gene) of Slate Springs and Judy Clements Brown (Bobby G.) of Bruce; two sisters, Rena Patterson and Marine Clark, both of Pittsboro; one brother, E.J. Spratlin of Hot Springs, Ark.; six grandchildren, Connie Pounders, Elion Ray Murphree Jr., Lori Perrigin, Julie (David) Newman, Cody (Ashley) Clements and Chase (Toni) Clements; two stepgrandchildren, Christi Stacy and Aaron Brown; six great-grandchildren, Kaylee Perrigin, Ashley Perrigin, Riley Newman, Reed Newman, Chloe Clements and Benson Clements; two stepgreat-grandchildren, Janey Stacy and Jaxson Stacy.
She was preceded in death by her parents, William Joseph Spratlin and Sarah Ella Bailey Spratlin; her husband, Raymond E. Murphree; a sister, Mable Wright; and two brothers, Rex Spratlin and Elmer Spratlin.
Pallbearers will be Aaron Brown, Chase Clements, Cody Clements, Rayburn Hood, Elion Ray Murphree Jr., David Murphree, Keith Spratlin and Terry Spratlin.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Tuesday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago