PITTSBORO – Josie I. Spratlin Murphree, 93, died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013, at Bruce Community Living Center. She was born Aug. 20, 1919, in the Lloyd community. She was a homemaker and a member of Old Town Baptist Church. She was a retired seamstress for Glenn Slacks and DSL Mfg. of Bruce.
Services will be at 2 p.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Bro. Robert Earl Alexander officiating and Bro. Justin Gates assisting. Burial will be in Memory Memorial Garden at Bruce.
Survivors include a son, Elion R. Murphree (wife, Carolyn Spradling) of Byhalia; two daughters, Brenda West (Gene) of Slate Springs and Judy Clements Brown (Bobby G.) of Bruce; two sisters, Rena Patterson and Marine Clark, both of Pittsboro; one brother, E.J. Spratlin of Hot Springs, Ark.; six grandchildren, Connie Pounders, Elion Ray Murphree Jr., Lori Perrigin, Julie (David) Newman, Cody (Ashley) Clements and Chase (Toni) Clements; two stepgrandchildren, Christi Stacy and Aaron Brown; six great-grandchildren, Kaylee Perrigin, Ashley Perrigin, Riley Newman, Reed Newman, Chloe Clements and Benson Clements; two stepgreat-grandchildren, Janey Stacy and Jaxson Stacy.
She was preceded in death by her parents, William Joseph Spratlin and Sarah Ella Bailey Spratlin; her husband, Raymond E. Murphree; a sister, Mable Wright; and two brothers, Rex Spratlin and Elmer Spratlin.
Pallbearers will be Aaron Brown, Chase Clements, Cody Clements, Rayburn Hood, Elion Ray Murphree Jr., David Murphree, Keith Spratlin and Terry Spratlin.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Tuesday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago